Medicare providers who have already received a payment from the Provider Relief Fund are now eligible to apply for additional funds by submitting data about their annual revenues and estimated COVID-related losses via the Provider Relief Fund Application Portal. Providers who have NOT yet received any payment from the Provider Relief Fund should NOT use the General Distribution Portal. However, providers who have NOT yet received any payments from the Provider Relief Fund may still receive funds in other distributions.
What information do I need to have before I start the application process?
To enter the Provider Relief Fund Application Portal you must meet 2 criteria:
- You must have already received a Provider Relief Fund Payment by 5:00 pm EST, Friday April 24th.
- You must attest to having received the payment via the Provider Attestation Portal, and you must agree to the Terms and Conditions on the attestation portal.
Before you initiate your application via the Provider Relief Fund Application Portal, please collect the following data:
- The Taxpayer Identification Number for the organization applying for relief funds. (“Application TIN”)
- The Taxpayer Identification Number(s) of any subsidiary organizations if and only if those organizations do not file separate tax returns, but rather consolidate into the returns of the “Application TIN”. If your organization has subsidiaries that file separate tax returns, a separate application must be made for each subsidiary that files a separate return.
- An estimate the organization’s lost revenue for March 2020 and April 2020. Lost revenue can be estimated by comparing year-over-year revenue, or by comparing budgeted revenue to actual revenue. For April 2020, an estimate of the total monthly loss based on data from the first few weeks in April or by extrapolation from March data is acceptable.
- A copy of the most recent tax form filed by the organization associated with the Application TIN.
For additional information see the HHS general distribution FAQ’s at the link below
If you have any questions please contact the KB Healthcare Consultants team at 941-365-4617 or visit or website at https://www.kbgrp.com/resources/covid-19-updates to see the latest resources and updates for businesses and individuals regarding the Coronavirus.