The City of Sarasota currently has a project underway to provide easier access to downtown for pedestrians and bicyclists using the Legacy Trail. This includes reducing Ringling Blvd. to one lane each in both directions from US301 to Links Ave, adding a bike lane on each side, as well as decorative plantings.
For this project, road construction has begun outside of our Sarasota Main Street office. Our office and parking garage will be open throughout the entirety of the project. How might this affect you?
- You will no longer be able to make a U-Turn on Ringling Blvd and 301 (Washington Blvd) when traveling from west to east.
- Drivers coming from the west must use Fruitville Rd., Main St., or some other route to US301 so that they can make the turn to the west on Ringling Blvd. with the KB parking garage entrance then on the right.
- Ringling Blvd is now one lane.
- At high traffic times of day, the flow of traffic on eastbound Ringling to US301 may be heavy and backed-up.
- When exiting the KB garage, drivers should be cognizant to the reduction to one lane on Ringling Blvd. and a more congested flow of traffic, the addition of the bicycle lane for potential cyclist traffic, and the overall need to use caution when exiting.
- The parking spots outside of our drop box will be temporarily unavailable. We have a second drop box located outside of the elevators on the 8th floor
Please take care to remember these changes as you travel to/from Kerkering Barberio’s downtown Sarasota office, located at 1990 Main Street. We appreciate everyone’s consideration and support as we adjust to these changes.