Like so many others, Kerkering, Barberio & Co. is taking active measures to protect our clients and staff from the spread of COVID-19. These include the following:
- To mitigate potential exposure to any client, guest or KB staff member, we are requesting that client meetings be conducted via phone or through a video application, such as Zoom. Please contact your KB representative to schedule or change a meeting as appropriate.
- Our clients can get their documents to us several ways:
- Secure Email (preferred). Your KB representative can provide you with instructions to do this;
- Drop off in the dropbox in front of our building on Ringling Blvd
- For most clients, completed tax returns and payment instructions can be emailed and/or sent in hardcopy.
- As a reminder, we will need your signed 8879 form in order to electronically file your individual tax return. Please be sure to sign and return this when you are notified that your return is completed. You can print the 8879, sign, scan and email it back to us. You can also ask your KB representative about providing your signature digitally (you will need to answer security questions to do this). Any delay in our receipt of the 8879 form will delay the submittal of your return.
Kerkering, Barberio & Co. is committed to our continued operations for the benefit of our clients and team members. We are monitoring the situation daily, will take further steps and provide regular communication as needed – including vital information on any tax deadline extensions and other areas that may impact you and/or your business.
We will also be putting updates on our website at https://www.kbgrp.com/resources/covid-19-updates
We greatly appreciate everyone’s understanding and support as we all work together to get through this difficult situation.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Robert J. Lane, CPA
President and Managing Shareholder